The following article will walk you through the Slack integration process. You will learn how to generate a Slack webhook and associate it to your Inbox Tracker account.
Here are the simple steps to integrate with Slack:
- Inbox Tracker Account managers will have access to Configure Slack Integration under User Actions. (If you don't know who your manager is, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide assistance.)
2. Configure your first Slack hook. (Note: You can configure up to five different organizations to your Inbox Tracker account)
3. Enter a description for your first slack hook along with the incoming webhook for your Slack organization. For more information on incoming webhooks you can check out this article from Slack by clicking here.
4. Add Slack channels from your Organization to the configuration.
5. Once you have added all the channels that you need, you can start sending Inbox Tracker alerts to those newly configured channels. (Note: If you don't add any channels your alerts will be sent to the default channel for the configured Slack hook)
6. Configure your Inbox Tracker Alerts with the newly added channels by selecting Slack from the Notification Type pulldown.